Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lessons from circles

Edinger, Anatomy of the Psyche, says on page 143:"  Psychologically, circulatio is the repeated circuit of all aspects of one's being, which gradually generates awareness of a transpersonal center uniting the conflicting factors."  As I circle around, I am aware of the opposites occurring one after the other.  Eventually, after several times around (perhaps 100 or so) I begin to see some reconciliation between the two.  I become less divided by placing the world into categories and see the fascinating melding of our rich experiences.  This process involves self-acceptance and of course acceptance of others.  Lessons in humility and generally becoming involved with what it means to be human. 

2 comments:

onthepath said...

Wow, Edinger I can actually understand. I'm thinking tonight about how the circle contains everything. The idea of opposites suggests "linear" to me and the circle is the container that holds all aspects. Anywhere you walk in the circle will always bring you back to where you started. What may seem to be disconnected or disparate in reality is not. It takes us a long time to recognize this or find our way there with our limited human brains, doesn't it!

trueerror said...

Yes, onthepath, it does. I like what you did with the circle. fascinating isn't it?