Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Black Pearl: Moon

After a great deal of research, I have completed for now my information on the black pearl.  The symbol of the moon has sustained the most interest for me because the moon symbol is really a movement from black (new moon) to white (full moon), and also represents the mother, feminine, and perhaps an integration or certainly movement from one to the other:  black to white as process.  In my own experience, I find myself moving from darkness and chaos to fullness and light and places in between.For me personally, I like the black pearl and moon symbol.
Now to answer "onthepath"s question about four, I say as we move from chaos to begin to form our identity, we move from the one to "I" which indicates a separation of masculine and feminine as well as spirit (upper) and lower (human, animal).  These four cardinal points help us grow into our uniqueness.
One last remark:  the moon is more irrational than the sun which is more rational:  it moves across the sky each day as itself while the moon comes in the night (mystery) and has rhythms.  I have profited by becoming more irrational and demanding less rationality.  Good for me.  I am also more aware of my own rhythms of activity, rest, inactivity, and how these cycle through my months and years.

No comments: