Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coming together of the opposites

Okay, so the process is one of separating the opposites, such as good/bad, masculine/feminine, earth/sky which may be the first step of individuating while the final step is reconciling the opposites so that I can hold one side by side with the other rather than either/or.  In the final analysis (if there could be one), the black pearl image may be pointing in that direction where black and white are united to form the black pearl.  In the bowl which contained ten black pearls they were arranged in Pythagoras' magic ten number where four pearls surrounded one pearl in an equilateral triangle.  More food for thought because Pythagorans believed that number was the key to the mystery of matter.  I don't fully grasp that yet, but perhaps in another decade or so, it will be clear to me. 
They also believed that ten was a number of wholeness. 

4 comments:

onthepath said...

Can you say something about what you understand from this? For example,would you say this dream is a reflection of where you are, where you are going, is there instruction for you from what you are learning about the symbols in this dream? Did you say decade because it is the number 10? Cool stuff. I don't get it very much but it is very intriguing as you share all that you are finding.

pattherapist said...

I'm commenting on onthepath's comment. I can't speculate on Diane's dream - but I can separate my own dreams into several categories. One is - dreams that compensate for my ego's insistence that where there's a will there's a way, or that I can will my life to go the way I want it to. Another is - dreams that compensate for my lack of faith that there is anything that will support me when I can't support myself. Another is - dreams that point me towards more work with the unconscious and less dependence on rationality to get me through the day - or life. Another is- dreams that show me my shadow when I am not conscious of it There are more categories...

This week I was remembeing a dream I had years ago that showed me being careless about holding on to a journal that was a record of my work with the unconscious. I dropped it and nearly lost it - but I got it back after a struggle and in the end used it as a shield - which saved my life. So this was a dream saying that I needed to take my work with the unconscious more seriously - that it could be a matter of life and death.

trueerror said...

Mostly what I understand is that the unconscious is rich and varied. I am not looking to control or to force a meaning at this point, I am just going with the flow. I feel that I are getting instruction about where I am, where I am going, etc. However these are not in the familiar ways of organizing myself.
The number ten and decade did not come out consciously. That was a synchronicitous moment.

onthepath said...

Thanks, Pattherapist and trueerror! The additional comments are helpful.