Monday, March 16, 2009

Mirrors

I am wondering if dreams are partly mirrors which reflect what we need to know to take our next step; reflections on who we are that we don't know; and how our relation to the opposite sex are fixed in our psyche. Perhaps that is obvious to others, but it just occurred to me that if dreams are reflections, it puts a different slant on them and their importance to me.
I realize there are many layers of our presentation to others that must be peeled away to get at our essence, and then mirrors can lead us to look for those qualities in ourselves which it is time to let go of or embrace.
Last night, I had a dream of being held first by a woman and then the next night by a man. I know both these people in real life, and I wonder if these are now parts of me that I can relate to and be held by. Certainly, I need to be held in my inner life as I come home to myself. My dream ended with my drawing a circle of life which was then accepted by some spiritual beings who approved.

2 comments:

onthepath said...

I love this! I really want to spend more time digesting this idea of dreams as a different sort of mirror that you are presenting. Seeing the reflection of the future. Cool. I love the end of last night's dream.

Jed said...

thank you for keeping up with your blog. it's nice to randomly visit your site and read about such engaging thoughts. Please keep going with this.